Unexpected Writings

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unexpected Writings
Unexpected Writings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories written with unexpected anticipaton.

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» TRUSTED stranger
The Card Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:33 am by J'Adore

» Brand |Manuel and Jas|
The Card Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 11:56 pm by J'Adore

» ~Sex Scenes~
The Card Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:47 pm by J'Adore

» Behind The Mask (John and Rachel)
The Card Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:34 pm by SexyT

» Love Mist *FINALLY!!!!!!! NEW ADD TODAY 19/05/15* PG 6
The Card Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 5:53 am by golden07

» The Penthouse
The Card Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:20 pm by SexyT

» Bad Girls-REINVENTED- Add Pg 3 Con't
The Card Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 2:47 pm by golden07

» Secrets
The Card Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 10:58 am by SexyT

» A Brother's Secret
The Card Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 pm by golden07

Keywords

Unexpected  love  

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Card

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Card Empty The Card Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:24 pm

○→Єmιℓιε←○

○→Єmιℓιε←○

The Card The_ca10

The only thing I ever got off my old man was a birthday card when I was ten. He'd gone off when I was three and left me and mam and my sister to fend for ourselves. Mam never talks about him but my sister remembers him.
'What was dad like?' I ask.
She looks at me through dark, sleepy eyes, pushes her hair back from her eyes. Her arms are scabbed like she's been shinning up a rusty drainpipe and accidentally slid back down and scraped herself. �Whu?'
'I said, what was dad like?'
She smiles at me, and I suss that she's still trippin' and I should ask her later when she's straight.
Anyhow, the only thing I ever got from him was a birthday card when I was ten. It said Happy Birthday Mickey! And then there was a verse inside the card that went:

Now you're ten, and how you've grown
It really won't be long
Til you're a man, and fully grown
With arms both big and strong.

2The Card Empty Re: The Card Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:35 pm

golden07

golden07
Admin

Aww continue please...

http://unexpected.heavenforum.com

3The Card Empty Re: The Card Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:25 pm

○→Єmιℓιε←○

○→Єmιℓιε←○

Im Going To Add Tomorrow =][=
If Im Not Tired From My Basketball Game =] The Card Fresse !

4The Card Empty Re: The Card Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 pm

golden07

golden07
Admin

cant wait...

uppies

5The Card Empty Re: The Card Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:45 pm

○→Єmιℓιε←○

○→Єmιℓιε←○

I Lost My Freaking Add Shit
But Yea Should I Continue Or No ?

6The Card Empty Re: The Card Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:46 pm

golden07

golden07
Admin

Yes continue...PLEASE

7The Card Empty Re: The Card Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:08 pm

○→Єmιℓιε←○

○→Єmιℓιε←○

The Card The_ca11

And on the front of the card was a picture, a cartoon, of a little boy wearing a hardhat and driving a tractor. But I mean, how would he know I'd grown? To be honest, I was surprised he knew where I was, we moved so often.

But the killer was, at the bottom of the card, below the rhyme, he'd added:

Remember, no one's got your back
XX. Dad.

I'd studied this card on more than one occasion, trying to work out some depth to what he was telling me. Laura, what was dad like?'
Three hours later and she's washing up. The dutiful daughter. She looked up a little, thought about my question for a second or two. Then she said, I love him. Still.'
Well I hate him. What was he like, though?'
And she said, 'Stern.'
'Stern, huh?'
I don't mean strict; more like serious. Like you, a bit, but smarter, taller and better looking.' Then she laughed and slapped me across the arm, Dry the dishes,' she said.
It's funny, I learn a lot from my sister, mainly don't do drugs, which I should have written in capital letters instead of italics, but never mind, the thing is, when she's not high or shaking �cos she needs some stuff, she's really smart and, truth be told, she's the core of our family, the strength, believe it or not. Honest, she keeps us together. There's me, fifteen, bright, got a future, they tell me, though I haven't and I'll tell you about that later, and then there's my mam, as honest as, and working, and sensible (though not in her choice of boyfriends or anything) and all that stuff. And then there's Laura. Nineteen, and a junkie, but she holds the family together. Cos mam's a flake and useless, and I, basically, am at a loose end; financially, educationally, socially, morally I won't go on.

Laura has one thing going for her; she's honest. And because she is honest she sees more than most, so she knows more than most, and she holds me and mam together.
Mam.
Hold on, I was told by my English teacher, Miss Wright, that I should show, not tell; too much exposition,' she'll say to me (look it up). So maybe I should stop describing my life, start showing what happens instead, but I'll get to that bit in a bit, so to speak.
Ok, so mam. My mother. She is thirty seven years old and she is a flake. A total dribble. Weak as. They should do a reality TV show on my mam "How Not To "
"How Not To bring up your children."
"How Not To save for the future."
"How Not To get a good job."
"How Not To attract a nice boyfriend."
She did once. Attract a nice boyfriend, that is. And I've read all the women's magazines she buys and I knew from the off it wasn't going to last. From the moment she said to me, �He's kind, thoughtful, good looking. He's got a good job, Pete, and a lovely car' (a bloody good car, since you ask. You didn't? But you would have. A Kompressor. Which means Supercharger. Which also means money. Cool. German. Cool. And much more). But anyway, as she's telling me all this I'm thinking, Yeah, but mam, you're going to fall for a skinheaded nightclub doorman or a carpet salesman called Wayne and you're going to jack Pete in and tell me �there was no spark' which translates as, you think that love equals pain, and affection means distress and you think that being nice is the equivalent of being invisible. Which it kind of is. So just be honest. Please. So, as predicted, Pete went the journey. Kompressor and all. And in moved Marc. Fifteen years younger than mam. What a tosspot.
What a racket.
It was embarrassing. It was the crime that no parent should inflict upon their children! Making those noises. I was twelve, which made Laura sixteen; she'd just failed her exams and was working in Safeway. Very content. Regular money, dreaming about her own flat. Boyfriend. And the last thing that Laura wanted was mam and Marc doing that upstairs halfway through a Sunday afternoon. Go on mam; be a mam, not a flake. Don't be desperate, please. But no. And when Marc made a play for Laura one afternoon, just a suggestion you understand, she screamed the place down and mam came dashing downstairs half-dressed and slapped Laura to shut her up and then slapped her again when she heard what she was accusing Marc of doing.

8The Card Empty Re: The Card Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:42 pm

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

This is good, girly.
I feel so bad for them.
And I love the way Mickey looks at things, had me rolling about her series of "How not to" books

9The Card Empty Re: The Card Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:13 pm

○→Єmιℓιε←○

○→Єmιℓιε←○

Lol . Thank You

10The Card Empty Re: The Card Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:58 pm

SexyT

SexyT

This is really good,
I like the way you describe everything
and include humour too..
It's very good!
Add more...