Unexpected Writings

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unexpected Writings
Unexpected Writings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories written with unexpected anticipaton.

I forgot my password

Similar topics
    Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Latest topics
    » TRUSTED stranger
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:33 am by J'Adore

» Brand |Manuel and Jas|
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 11:56 pm by J'Adore

» ~Sex Scenes~
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:47 pm by J'Adore

» Behind The Mask (John and Rachel)
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:34 pm by SexyT

» Love Mist *FINALLY!!!!!!! NEW ADD TODAY 19/05/15* PG 6
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 5:53 am by golden07

» The Penthouse
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:20 pm by SexyT

» Bad Girls-REINVENTED- Add Pg 3 Con't
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 2:47 pm by golden07

» Secrets
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 10:58 am by SexyT

» A Brother's Secret
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 pm by golden07

Keywords

love  Unexpected  

You are not connected. Please login or register

Outrun the Rain(1/18/10)

+4
    golden07
    sinqlebby !
    BEAUtiFUL[nightmare]
    pureSEDUCTION
    8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:50 pm

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

"I don’t get an invite?"

Rashad turned around, he knew he couldn’t be hearing that angelic voice of hers. But he was. It was Kailee. "Kailee," he breathed as she closed the doors.

"You were my best friend and I don’t get an invite to the wedding. I don’t get a notification your engaged…hell, I don’t get to know who the bride is." His eyes roamed all over her. He noticed everything. How nicely the low v-cut black dress emphasized all of her curves. How she still smiled even though there was so much sadness in her eyes. How the wide-eyed innocence was still in her eyes, though he knew how experienced she was. Rashad wanted to hug her, but he couldn’t take a step. He knew a hug was pushing it. Her being in the same room with him was pushing it.

"Ra, I don’t get a hug?" Her voice turned babyish and held a little pain. He walked as if he was in a trance and hugged her. He took a deep breath and inhaled the Dove shampoo in her hair. He fought the urge to put his fingers in the curls that he knew had taken her hairstylist hours to do.

"Kailee, can you handle this?"

She pulled away from the hug and averted her eyes to red carpeted floor. "No. I keep thinking I should be in the next room over pulling on the wedding dress, my best friends should be marching in. My family should sit where her family is sitting. I keep thinking there’s no way, there is no way, this is really happening. I try to convince myself that she doesn’t make you happy, or at least….not the way I make you happy. I want to ask you all these questions, questions that I really don’t want to know the answers to." She folded her arms across her chest and held herself tightly. She longed for him and his love again.
    Rashad looked down at her small frame and saw the pain in her eyes, "Why are you putting yourself through this, Kai?" Kailee bit down on her bottom lip and looked away. Again, blinking away the tears that were threatening to fall.

"I have to," She spoke quietly, "I have to be here for you." He felt a small pain in his heart hearing her sense of obligation to him.

"Kai-"

"Please don’t." She stopped his apologies dead on as she sat adjusted his tuxedo. Rashad looked down at her while she made sure there was no dust on the Armani creation. She looked up into his brown eyes and couldn’t make herself pull away. There was so much passion and tension inside the room.

"You shouldn’t be here." He breathed. Her soft hand went to his cheek and he couldn’t help but to kiss her for one last time.

When Kailee closed her eyes she felt a tear coming out of her left one. She kissed him with everything she had in her being. She felt the sparks, she felt everything she had felt the last time they were together, she felt it all. But it seemed as if Ra felt nothing. She pulled away from him, and stared at him with an abundance of pain in her eyes. She knew that it was no longer about seeing her smile, but about seeing his bride to be smile.

Rashad stared at her silently back, wondering how it had gotten this way between them. What did this mean? Did it mean that they could no longer be friends? And if it meant that, why? Was it because of their being forced apart? Or was it because he couldn’t stay in the same room with her without the flashes of what had been?

"This should be me." She broke the silence with a quiet whine. Then the tears came, fast and many.

"This should be me." Rashad went to hold her before she hit the ground. She walked backwards to the door repeating herself.

"Does she make you happy, baby? Does she give you the feeling I give you? Do you two have the passion that we have? Do you love her as much as you love me? Ra…Baby, I need to know." She slid down the door and rocked, sobbing now.

He couldn’t stand to see her so broken down. "Answer me." She demanded softly.

"Why are you doing this to me, Kai?" He asked. Shelooked up at him and shook her head. She slowly rose from her position and blew him a kiss.

"Bye, Ra." She turned and reached for the doorknob. She waited for him to stop her but he never did. This gave her the answers to her questions. She opened the door and came face-to-face with the bride.
    The bride looked at the beautiful woman’s tear stained face and should have felt happy that he chose her over the woman. But all she could feel was guilt, guilt for forcing them apart. She looked up at her fiancé. His face held a pain too, a pain she was knew was deeper than he was letting on. But she did not let that stop her, she stepped to the side so the woman could get by. The woman opened her mouth to speak but couldn’t.

"Are you attending the wedding?" The woman bit her lip and shook her head. Then she raced out of the church. The bride stared at Rashad and he looked back. No words were said for the longest.

"I did too much work to get you. I’m not letting you go." She uttered. Rashad came to the door way.

"Yani, I’m sorry." He mumbled as he went the church doors screaming that woman’s name.

Last edited by pureSEDUCTION on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:27 pm

BEAUtiFUL[nightmare]

BEAUtiFUL[nightmare]

0H - EM - GEE !!
    GiRL , i SAT HERE iN My D0RM
    R00M && SCREAMED AFTER i READ
    THAT !! THiS S0UNDS ABS0LUTELY , P0SITIVELY
    AMAZiNG !!

ADD REALLy , REALLy , REALLy S00N !!
    UPPZ !!

3Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:35 pm

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

Thanks sweetie!!!! This is kinda like a filler story(Or atleast it started out as one!) But the characters and plots just kept getting deeper and I couldn't stop writing on it. This is now one of my babyyyyys.

4Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:13 pm

sinqlebby !

sinqlebby !

omqqq qirll ; lovinqq itt !!!
    bumpszx ; can`t wait to findd
    out howw thesee twoo aree aboutt
    too qet married and whht`s up w/
    Ra n kkai`s past . add moree = )

5Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:46 pm

golden07

golden07
    Admin

This story is awesome already...
    Please. Please. Please add asap
    i wanna to know who she is and
    how they split

http://unexpected.heavenforum.com

6Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:08 pm

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

Chapter One
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Lisa310

"Kai! Kai! Kai!"

I slowly stopped running in the Gucci shoes, not because Raheem was calling me but because they were hurting my feet in the tight black four inch pumps. What was I doing? Tears were coming out my eyes rapidly, they had been since I had left the church. I guess I wasn’t thinking this morning when I decided I just had to go. I didn’t have to go, I didn’t owe Ra anything. It wasn’t my fault we were forced apart. I leaned over and caught my breath.

"Kai!"
    He breathed. I closed my eyes and tried not to open them. Thinking that if I could close my eyes long enough then he wouldn’t be there when I opened them. I was wrong.
    I took a deep breath, "Go back to your bride, Ra." My words came out a little more bitter than what I was aiming for but it was true. He looked shocked, I tried to look away from the light brown face that had haunted my thoughts for so long.

"Kai…You can’t blame me for moving on… I thought you were." I held my hand up and signified I didn’t want to talk. I just wanted to get the hell out of here. I wiped my dark brown eyes again and tried to walk around him, limping a little. He grabbed my waist and stopped me. I looked up at him, his eyes moist themselves.

"I didn’t expect us to meet again like this, Kai. I never wanted it to be like this. You should have on the white dress and we should be at alter." As much as I agreed with him I had to stay strong. Things were this way for a reason, I had convinced myself that a long time ago and I needed to stay with it. I needed to move on.

"Ra, you moved on. It was supposed to be this way. We can’t dwell on the past and what we had in the past. Who we are and who we were are two completely different people."

Seeming not to listen to my speech his strong arms pulled me to him, "I still love you. You still love me?" I turned my head away from him and refused to answer him. I loved being this close to him, smelling the Polo cologne he was wearing. "I asked you a question." He asserted. I loved his assertive nature and that alone brought more tears to my eyes.

"You know I do, Ra." I murmured in his chest .

"That’s all I need, babe. That’s all we need." My heart leaped hearing those words but this was wrong. He had a bride and a full church of people waiting to see him get married and not to me. I quickly reminded him of that fact, even though it hurt my heart to do so. I cried into his hard chest.

"Kai, this isn’t fair. Babe we should be married with kids now."

"Rashad, It’s over between us! I’m sorry." I attempted to move but he caught my wrists.

"Then why the fuck did you come here? Just to ruin my life? Just to make sure I couldn’t get over you, Kai? What type of shit is that?!" He yelled, letting the Cuban accent slip out.

"I didn’t come here to be cursed at." I quietly said, "I didn’t come here to cause I problem…Hell I don’t know why I came." I tired turning and getting out of his grasp but he quickly stopped that motion.

"Kailee we’re not finished having this conversation." He said and I could tell her never lost his determined nature, except where I was concerned. I just wanted to get in my car and go.

"Ra, it’s been five years since we’ve been apart," I started and he gave me a look that said ‘so?’. I continued, I started to get angry, because if my memory served me correctly(which I was sure it did because I dream of us every night since the separation) his bad decision was what brought us here.

I laughed humorlessly, "Rashad, I don’t think of the bad side of us because it hurts enough when I think about the good times. And no matter how hard I try, I can’t force the idea of us out of my head. I say that to say this, don’t act like you’re the victim now. Please do not do that! Your infidelity was the reason the it happened! You’re the reason why she…."

The pained look on his face made me feel guilty for bringing it up. His hands slightly loosened and I took the opportunity to sprint to my car. But I was so devastated about this situation I couldn’t even unlock my doors. My heart felt as if it was being ripped out my chest. Tears flooded my eyes and no matter how much I willed them not to fall, they fell. I felt his arms around me and then felt his breathing pattern, it was fast as if he was crying too. At this moment I realized, all those fairytale day-dreams I had been having about him and I were just that. Too much had gone on for us to be able to move past it. Yes, my mind had resolved to stay away from Rashad Davis, but I couldn’t get my heart to do the same.

7Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:57 pm

kaylee

this story is so good
    add very very soon
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) 361114 Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) 361114 Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) 361114

8Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:40 pm

BEAUtiFUL[nightmare]

BEAUtiFUL[nightmare]

trick
    ADD N0W !! ( lol )

UPPZ GiRLiE !!

9Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:45 am

golden07

golden07
    Admin

AWW MAN...I'MMA NEED FOR YOU TO ADD MORE

THERE IS MORE TO THIS SITUATION THAN
    WE THINK SO PLEASE ADD ASAP!!!!

10Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 pm

sinqlebby !

sinqlebby !

wow ! i wonder whtt happened with them ;
    wantinqq moree qurliee ; keep
    up thheee qood worrkk = P

11Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

Oh myyy I was looking at Rashad's character banner......*shakes*.

Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Herz Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Herz Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Herz Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Herz Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Herz Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Herz Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Herz Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Lisa210

12Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:30 pm

○→Єmιℓιε←○

○→Єmιℓιε←○

Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) 729222 add

13Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:24 pm

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

‘Chapter Two
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Lisa211

"Why the hell just happened, mane?" I looked up into the bright brown face of my ‘cousin’ and best friend, Isaiah. It had been three hours since the situation went down and I was now at his apartment, I did not want to face Yani after I had called off the wedding. I had already missed six calls from her and her family.

"Man…..Kai showed up." I exhaled and said. He stopped mid step and turned to look at me. He put his sandwich on the black leather couch and gave me an expression that said, ‘you lying’. I shook my head no. It was crazy how one visit came and shook up my whole life plan. I had my life planned out with Yani. But I had once had my life planned out with Kai too.

"What the hell?" Isaiah picked up his sandwich and sat down on the sofa. I stared at his wood floors as all was silent in his apartment until he broke the ice. "Why she acting like that?"

I shrugged my shoulders, how had this happened? Wait…I knew all too well why this happened and didn’t want to think about it. A year after it happened she sent me a letter saying she didn’t blame me, so I shouldn’t blame myself. She didn’t put a return address on the letter so I couldn’t respond back to her. If I could have I would have told her I was sorry for putting her through this. I was sorry for breaking her heart. I was sorry for letting the situation get so out of control. She had told me she didn’t blame me but if she didn’t why did she throw it in my face today?

I guess she was just lashing out. She did that to protect her heart, she thought if she could pretend to be mean and cold it would scare people away. But people saw right through her. When you have a heart like hers, so kind and open, you can’t pretend you don’t.

She should’ve just let me live my life with Yani. When I was with Yani, the only times I thought about Kai was when we sat in silence or we were apart. She was always nestled in my brain somewhere after the accident. Shit. This girl had my thinking process thrown off. I kept seeing flashbacks of us.

"Ooh, baby admit it your scared." I teased her as she wavered before setting her right foot in lake water. She caught my eyes and then narrowed hers.
    "I’m not scared, Ra!" She said before I swam over to where her foot was and pulled her all the way in the water.
    "Ahhh!" She let out a piercing scream and I was sure somebody thought I was killing her.
    She punched me in the arm and then shivered. Covering the top of her new bikini with her arms. "Ra, I’m freezing. And I don’t know how deep it gets." I held her in my arms.
    "Mami, your sixteen now, you have to face your fears. Besides, I got you. You trust me." She nodded slowly as I stroked her dark skin arm. She leaned in and kissed me before taking my hand and a deep breath and plunged under the water. I followed her lead and we locked eyes, the glance said everything we knew since we were kids. I love you.

"Rashad! You thinking bout her again, aren’t you?" Isaiah asked and I nodded. He looked down, and then pulled out his cell phone. It was some kind of touch screen model. Usually, I’d be able to tell you the name, who made it, the apps, the memory, and how well it worked but I can’t concentrate on nothing but Kai right now. I got up as I heard a door open. I didn’t pay any attention to it as I walked to one of his guestrooms. Heels clacked followed by an abrupt stop.

"Oh helllllllllllll no!" Aubrey exclaimed, her high pitch voice sounded like a squeak. She is Isaiah’s girlfriend for eight years. She was tall, dark as night, but beautiful as ever. Her hair was cropped around her face, framing the oval shape. Her full lips stuck out as she systematically picked apart me and Isaiah. If the accident hadn’t torn me and Kai apart, this year would have made eleven for us. "I know you are not eating on my Italian leather sofa, Thomas." He was in trouble for sure if she used his middle name. "And I know yo’ ass is not walking on my brand new wood floors with your nasty ass shoes on!" She screeched at me. Aubrey and I were usually cool with each other, because Kai hooked her and Saiah up. Aubrey and Kai were best friends and when the accident happened it took Aubrey a long time to forgive me.

"Can you hush I’m trying to do something for Shad." I stopped in my tracks and turned around. Giving him the look. "I’m tryna help your lovesick ass."

Aubrey glared at me. "Oh, your wedding did happen today? Why ain’t you with her." Isaiah got up and neared her.

I bowed my head as Isaiah answered for me. "Ain’t no wedding take place."

"She left you at the alter? I told you I didn’t like that bitch." She spat. "Where she at? Now I gotta beat her-"

Isaiah grabbed her hand and told her to stop taking out her earrings. "It wasn’t her fault."

"Oh you finally came to your senses?" Aubrey took her hand and sat them on her narrow hips.

"Kai showed up," I spit out. I took a deep breath and looked at her, there were tears filling her dark brown eyes.

"Where is she?" She asked softly and quietly. She started pulling at her clothes, a sign of her being nervous. The hard and tough demeanor of hers had officially came down.

"I’m trying to figure it out for you and him baby." Times like this are when I appreciated him(and his connections to the government) to the fullest.

~~~~~~

"Rashad, I found her."

Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Lisaq10

Embarrassed did not come close to expressing how I felt as I announced that there would be no wedding. I stood in front of me and Rashad’s friends and family shaking like a leaf. I was supposed to be standing here with my husband, he was supposed to be saying "I do" now, but that was not the case. Rashad and I were rocky but I blamed that on his adoptive family, anything but her. She couldn’t have been coming back, I had battled with her my whole relationship with Rashad, I had battled so hard. I just couldn’t have lost, I couldn’t have. My friends and family chased after me after I had ran out of the church, I didn’t want to speak to them. I didn’t want to look at them. I wanted Rashad. I wanted my husband! I needed my baby, I couldn’t breathe right without him. Who was going to rock me to sleep now? Who was going to hold me when I felt myself falling apart? Who was going to stand by me no matter what? Who was going to love me now? And even if there was another answer to those questions than Rashad no-middle-name Santiago, I damn sure didn’t want it!

"Yani, Yani, Yani, Yani, Yani!" I heard so many people calling my name their voices soon became a blur to me. I got up and raced to my car and grabbed my cell phone. The LCD touch screen brightened as it hummed to life. I found myself rushing the process as my manicured fingers dialed the number to Rashad’s cell phone, but of course it was off. I couldn’t help but to leave a message.

"Shad, baby, please. How could you do this to me? To us? You told me, you promised me! You promised me that she was your past and I was your future! How did that change in two seconds? She walks in and suddenly…suddenly," My breathing stopped me from completing my sentence. I wiped away the tears that were stinging my eyes as I tried to continue. "Suddenly, everything you had with me wasn’t worth it? How? How? You told me you loved me…..Baby, I can’t do this with out you. I’m feel like-"

"If you are satisfied with your message press one." The automated voice told me, I sniffled and pressed one. I hadn’t noticed the masses of people surrounding my car. At this point I was ready to just back over all of them and go to Isaiah’s house, because I knew that’s were he was. He didn’t have the courage to go back to our home, he didn’t want to see me. Well he was going to see me, he was going to face me. He was going to notice how much he had broken me in about an fifteen minutes.

Aubrey opened the door, as I was going to knock on it, with Isaiah and Rashad trailing behind her. Like they were going somewhere. "Ugh. We don’t have time for this shit." Aubrey huffed. I hoped that someone did this to her, just so she would know how I felt. Isaiah nudged her, I guess a sign to be quiet.

"Honesty, Yani, we really don’t have time for this." Isaiah said softly, and Rashad kept his stride to the car. He looked sad and upset too, where was Kai? Why wasn’t she with him since she had ruined my happiness? Then it hit me, she wasn’t here. They were going out, They were looking for her.

Oh hell no.

14Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:47 pm

golden07

golden07
    Admin

Oh hell yes, I expect for you
    to finish this please...I so am loving
    this add asap

15Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 pm

○→Єmιℓιε←○

○→Єmιℓιε←○

That Was An Awesome Add lOved It .
    Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) 361114 Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) 361114 Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) 361114

16Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 pm

TheBee

TheBee

OMG THAT was good!!!!!!!! iloved it!

17Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:29 pm

sinqlebby !

sinqlebby !

omqqq . man i wonder wht the "accident" waszx ?
    it clearlyy had a bad affect on yani,ra,and kai . i wonderr
    whtt happened .

18Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:22 pm

BEAUtiFUL[nightmare]

BEAUtiFUL[nightmare]

ohkay , miss yani ; i understand
    that you have been hurt and i know
    it must be hard for you , but if a nigga
    leave you like that imma need you to
    GET 0VER iT !! i can not stand females who
    don`t think that they cannot live
    without a nigga by they side .

anywho , loved tha add !!
    i need more now !!

UPPZ !!

19Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:44 pm

golden07

golden07
    Admin

Add asap

20Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 pm

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

I'm soooooo gonna add to this tonight....And maybe Midnight....and soon enough I'll be bring the story in my siggy over.

21Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:50 pm

golden07

golden07
    Admin

I so cannot wait chica...I have an extremely long
    weekend, so I plan to be adding to my stories.
    I'm sorry I been so busy lately, this full time work
    ain't no joke. Don't get too excited about adulthood...lol...

22Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 am

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

Nae, we understand. And trust I'm not getting that excited because I'm having too many problems as a teen. The only bright side to growning up to me right now is that I'll be able to buy my own Vodka. Oh, I'll add to this now before I forget....

23Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:12 am

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

Chapter Three
    ‘Kailee

Cross-legged, barefoot, and cold, I sat in the middle of my condo’s hardwood floor. I couldn’t control my tears, as I had to continuously wipe them away. My heart was beating so hard, it seemed as if it was going to beat out my chest. It felt like it was on fire. My doorbell rung three times followed by a series of knocks. "Coming!" I shouted before getting up and ambling over to the mirror, I wiped my tears and patted the curls down before answering.

Rashad stood before me. My eyes widened as I backed away, his hand reached out to my waist and pulled me towards him, "Don’t leave me, Kai." The tears I had just gotten rid of started to resurface. I started to pull against his embrace although I didn’t want to. He wouldn’t let me go though. There was no point in fighting it. "I love you, Kai." He repeated in my ear. "Mi amor," No, oh Lord, he played the Spanish card. He knew that made me weak.

"Stop, please." I begged him as I nestled my head in the crook of his neck. I was feeling my sense of reason slipping away from me. I knew my sanity was next to go. I had never gotten this far in my day dreams of Rashad, so I hadn’t even had a chance to rehearse what I would say or do. His hand around me got tighter as he stopped speaking.

"Excuse me," I heard a female say before hearing my door shut. I looked up to see a tall, dark, and slender female. She was beautiful, she looked like a model. I couldn’t figure out why Ra didn’t choose her. But then my door opened again and it came together. I would recognize Isaiah’s smile anywhere. I claimed that little Chris Brown look a like as my little brother, even though we were only two days apart. Then I looked at the female, then at the painting I did when I first had to leave. The painting showed me and Aubrey embracing as a younger version of us looked down from the clouds with angel wings, holding hands.

This was the reunion I hadn’t prepared myself for, how had I forgotten what this would do to my best friend? And this wasn’t like me and Ra, if me and him really wanted to make this work all we would have to do is put the past behind us and start anew. But with me and Aubrey… Women could hold grudges better than cantankerous old men. I stared at her for a moment, fighting the urge to hug her. Her breaths started getting deeper and she remained quiet. I recognized what was going on; I had done the damage, I had to fix it.

"Bree-Bree, I’m so sorry," I started with tears in my eyes. She shook her head no. Isaiah came up behind her and whispered something in her ear. He was always there to calm her down, Aubrey didn’t have a rational side so Isaiah was that for her.

"Aubrey, let’s go talk in my room," I glanced back at the boys to see Ra had was looking at the paintings and pictures that adorned the white walls and Isaiah was accompanying him. "This might take a while."

Isaiah nodded as Rashad picked up a photo of us, he turned back to look at me. "I know where you live now, Kai. Take all the time you need." He said, running his tongue over his full lips. Add that to the fact that his Cuban accent had slipped out yet again made Rashad no-middle-name Santiago very sexy at the moment. His sexiness had garnered a shiver out of me.

"Bree, you will never know how sorry I am. And I know I was being selfish but-" My apology was interrupted by a hug. Followed by a hard blow to the arm. My hand flew to the spot where she punched me. "Bree!" I shouted.

She reluctantly smiled, "As much as I want to hate you, you will always be my friend. My best one, we grew up together, and have went through everything together. And besides I couldn’t replace you, Boops!" Aubrey shouted, using a nickname that she had given me for my obsession with Betty Boop.

I leaned in and hugged Bree. It felt so good to do so. I couldn’t believe she forgave me this easily. I held on tight and we talked for a long while. We exchanged numbers and promised each other we would get together tomorrow. Now, I gotta deal with Rashad.

‘Rashad Santiago

"Rashad, come on. We’re about to go."

I looked up at Aubrey then at Kai. I hadn’t gotten to talk to her alone yet. Kai looked away from me and I shook my head. I was going to talk to her. There was no way. "You gotta guest room?" I asked and she shook her head yes but was wondering why.

"I’m spending the night." I told her and them.

Isaiah and Aubrey’s heads snapped to Kai for her reaction. She was taking deep breaths, and opened her mouth to say something before I cut her off, "Mi amor, I won’t hurt you."
    She looked me dead in my eyes, "Too late for that. I think you should go ahead with Bree and Saiah." She turned around to leave, her rounded hips swaying back to her bedroom. I didn’t hesitate on following her. I caught up to her before she reached her door, I reached my hand out to stop her.

"I told you I was staying. I didn’t ask. And you should be grateful that I’m considerate enough to think of your feelings that I will sleep in the guestroom."

Her dark brown eyes challenged mine, "I’d like to know where else you think you could possibly sleep."

I grabbed her waist and pulled her to me, shock was written all over her beautiful face.

"I’ll sleep with you." I accompanied my sentence with a wink, "Rica." I said. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I bent down to her ear and made sure my lips brushed against her earlobes, one of her many spots. "It means, your looking so sexy, that your delicious." I nibbled on her ear for a second before pulling back.

She backed herself into the door before opening it and tumbling back, I couldn’t help but chuckle. "Uhhh, you gotta go." She said before shutting the door. And suddenly, I was okay with leaving. Because I knew I had gotten to her, and if I could get under her skin, at least one part of her was still mine.

24Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:24 pm

golden07

golden07
    Admin

MORE... MORE...This is so awesome.
    I love this story. Whats finna
    happen now since he gotten under
    her skin, and what went down between
    her friend and her again? Was it because
    she haven't stayed in contact with her...O well
    add asap

25Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Empty Re: Outrun the Rain(1/18/10) Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:26 pm

pureSEDUCTION

pureSEDUCTION

Yeah, after the 'accident' Kai hadn't seen or spoke to any of them in five years....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next